The international Sports Law Arbitration Moot ("SLAM") is a world class competition, with the aim to promote greater knowledge of the values and rules of international sports arbitration, the go to dispute resolution mechanism in the sector.
SLAM provides students from around the world, no matter their background, the opportunity to:
- Develop and showcase their legal and advocacy skills before the world’s leading arbitrators and practitioners virtually and in-person;
- Gain real world experience of international sports arbitration under the leading procedural rules;
- Receive training on writing submissions and advocacy from some of the world’s leading advocates and arbitrators in world sport.
The Grand Final of 4th Edition of SLAM, will take place on 22 April 2023 at the spectacular new offices of the Court of Arbitration for Sport ("CAS") where the final four teams battle it out to emerge as champions. The CAS Director General, Matthieu Reeb, will be giving the opening address.
To celebrate this occasion, we are delighted to be hosting a limited access:
- Drinks reception for distinguished guests from sport, law and business on the evening of the 21 April 2023.
- Sports Law seminar on the 22 April 2023
- The Grand Final of SLAM 23 on the 22 April 2023, followed an Awards drinks receptions.
The confirmed judging line up for the semi-finals and finals of the competition are:
- Michael Beloff KC, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Martina Spreitzer-Kropiunik, Vice President, Criminal Court Vienna
- Frans de Weger,Chairman, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber & Partner/Founder, BMDW Advocaten
- Mark Hovell, Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Ricardo de Buen, Founding & Managing Partner, De Buen Law
- Stephen Townley, JAMS Mediator and Arbitrator
- Jeffrey Benz, Mediator Arbitrator Referee Special Master, JAMS & Door Tenant, 4 New Square
FRIDAY 21 April 2023
18:00 - 21:00 - Drinks reception
SATURDAY 22 April 2023
09.00 - 10.30 - Semi-finals (Private)
11:00 - 11:30 - Welcome reception
11:30 - 11:40 - Welcome address by Matthieu Reeb, Director General, Court of Arbitration for Sport
11.40 - 12.30 - What is the future of dispute resolution in Paralympic sport?
12:30 - 13:20 - Safeguarding Developments In Sport
13:20 - 13:40 - Coffee break
13:40 - 14:30 - Panel 3: To be announced.
14:30 - 15:00 - Coffee break
15:00 - 16:30 - Grand Final + Awards
16.30 - 18.00 - Awards reception
We are grateful to all our judges, sponsors and supporters for their support in making this competition the go-to destination in sports arbitration.
There are only a limited number of spaces available. Therefore, if you would like to attend please register your interest.